Re: gthreads and file operations

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 8:33 PM, Thomas Stover <thomas wsinnovations com>wrote:

1) you mean glib threads right? (maybe there is a gnome thread?)

yes... i mean glib threads.

2) you're going to want to use glib based functions like io channels
instead of stdio (for regular files at least)
3) "don't seem to work" is not enough information for anyone to help you

the files are coming empty. I suspect this is happening because of thread
lock problems...

4) you also need a real reason to be using threads in the first place
since that sort of thing should be discourage unless it truly is
appropriate. (not that you don't have a real reason, just that many people
assume they do when it actually is just making the problems worse)

I have to use threads because i need to listen for signals and at the same
do some processing(which is not related to the signals I am listening to...)

5) start with reading up on the glib interfaces
http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/stable/

I read the glib threads part which is working well except for the file part.
I really have no time to read the entire documentation. I'd rather wait for
somebody who is experienced enough to help me out.

--
www.thomasstover.com