Re: Question about modal dialog in gtk application

Il giorno Sun, 11 Apr 2010 10:37:18 -0500
silverburgh <silverburgh meryl gmail com> ha scritto:

Hi,

In my gtk application, I can create 2 windows.
But when I open a dialog in one of my window using gtk_dialog_run(),
why the other window is frozen?

Because this is the intended behavior of gtk_dialog_run():
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkDialog.html#gtk-dialog-run

How can I code it so that one modal dialog do not freeze the other window?

I don't know how to make a modal dialog that does not freeze the
other windows but if you want a non-modal dialog you can use
gtk_widget_show() instead of gtk_dialog_run().

--
Nicola