Re: Error in gthread.h?

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 16:12:50 -0700
"Brian J. Tarricone" <brian tarricone org> wrote:

  if (G_LIKELY ((gpointer) g_atomic_pointer_get (value_location) !=
NULL)) return FALSE;
  else
    return g_once_init_enter_impl (value_location);

It's just a warning.  In this case, it's harmless.  Might want to report
it as a bug, though.

I think you've hit a semi-bug in gatomic.h -- if
G_ATOMIC_OP_MEMORY_BARRIER_NEEDED isn't defined, g_atomic_pointer_get
just expands to a dereference of the argument, cast to gpointer.  Since
the argument passed is a gsize, they don't match -- though they should,
because gsize should be a typedef for unsigned long on x86_64, which is
a 64bit quantity... so maybe this is a problem, though something more
about your installation of glib than an actual bug.  Hard to say.

Mmmm... I hadn't realized that this might have something to do with the
compatibility libraries I installed a week ago. They installed well, and
I have googleearth running, but they may have broken compilation in 64
bit mode. I also received the following:

/usr/include/glib-2.0/gio/gioenums.h:561: error: âGLIB_SYSDEF_AF_INETâ
undeclared here (not in a function)
/usr/include/glib-2.0/gio/gioenums.h:562: error: âGLIB_SYSDEF_AF_INET6â
undeclared here (not in a function)

And I can't seem to find a definition of those macros anywhere (not even
in the glib source tree).

I have no clue as to where to start looking for either issue. Or where
best to search for help :(

John