Setting data in a Treeview cell

How can I set the data in a treeview cell when going from data entry to
clicking a button?  When I click off the cell being edited, but the
click is somewhere inside the treeview I can set the data.  However,
when the mouse clicks an object outside the treeview the data in the
cell is lost.  So basically two clicks need to be made when I am done
editing a cell one inside the treeview and then the button or menu item
I really want.  This isn't user friendly since the users will not
remember to do this.  How can I get the data set in one shot?

Thanks,

dhk