Re: Idle Function Not Getting Called

The following are the first few lines of my main() ...

     openlog ("gtknsbclient", LOG_NDELAY, LOG_USER);
     if (!g_thread_supported ())
         g_thread_init (NULL);
     gdk_threads_init ();
     gdk_threads_enter ();

     /* initialize GTK interface */
     gtk_init (&argc, &argv);

And now you pull the GDK global lock out of the hat to add to the mix!

I would suspect that you are recursively, or out-of-order, locking on that, given the large number of other locks you seem to have in your program. It is difficult to use correctly.

Why incidentally are you using both extra-threaded access to GTK+ with the GDK global lock and also accessing GTK+ from threads via the idle handler? You would normally do one or the other, not both. Why not drop the global lock, or drop the idle handlers (preferably the first of those)?

I'll be a son-of-a-gun. Removing the gdk_* calls fixed the problem. It's something I should have known.

I really appreciate your time and effort helping me.

--
Marshall Lake -- mlake mlake net -- http://mlake.net