Re: Idle Function Not Getting Called

The important point in looking at out-of-order locking (or other locking issues) is that the idle handler runs in the thread in which the main program loop runs, not the thread which called g_idle_add()/ g_idle_add_full(), and that it runs at a time not of that calling thread's choosing.

I don't quite understand this. Don't all idle functions run in the main program loop thread?

Yes.

Then I don't understand what you mean by "the idle handler runs in the thread in which the main program loop runs, not the thread which called g_idle_add()/g_idle_add_full()".

Maybe I don't know what idle "handler" is but isn't that a moot point since the idle function (handler?) always runs in the main program loop thread?

--
Marshall Lake -- mlake mlake net -- http://mlake.net