Re: toolbutton label not visible in gtk 2.18

On 10/30/2009 10:25 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
Hi
,
John Stebbins a Ãcrit :
On 10/30/2009 09:24 AM, John Stebbins wrote:
I just installed fedora 12 beta on one machine and ubuntu 9.10 on
another.  Both have gtk 2.18.3.  When I run my application on either
system, my toolbutton labels are not visible.  Am I missing some new
property that needs to be set to make them visible, or is this a gtk
bug?

I figured it out.  The GtkToolBar property toolbar-sytle now must be
set to GTK_TOOLBAR_BOTH.  This wasn't necessary before.  I don't know
if it makes a difference, but my ui is being initialized with GtkBuilder.
GNOME has a global preference for this property (System â Preferences â
Appearance â Interface), isn't it simply that it is set too show only icons?

Ahh, Fedora 12 Beta does not yet have the "Interface" option in Appearance. I thought there might be such a thing and went looking for it, but couldn't find it. Ubuntu 9.10 does in fact have that, and it works as expected.

Thanks everyone.