g_object_new shared memory

Hi,

I'm using GLib in my application, and I'm using g_object_new to allocate
memory of an object. As in C++ specification, there is "new" placement
technique that can allow us to place a new object into our predefined
memory region. And we can also do with malloc by redefine the malloc
fuction.

I wonder if we can do it with g_object_new or not? The purpose is to
have g_object_new to allocate memory on my own memory region.

Thanks,
-Hieu