catching <esc> pressed in a dialog with entry and treeview

Hi

I'm having a problem with a gkt dialog. I have packed in this dialog a gtk entry and a gtk treeview, so the user can either enter an url or pick one from a list. Everything works fine, I've also added code to catch double-click on the list. But I can't achieve to catch <esc> key pressed events to close/quit the dialog. I think that because of the other widgets packed in the dialog, <esc> keybing has changed. I've then added the code: g_signal_connect(G_OBJECT(dialog), "close", G_CALLBACK(esc_key_pressed), NULL);
along with an appropriate signal handler, but this doesn't do anything.
I have searched the web a lot but didn't find anything relevant so far. So, does anyone know of a way to do this or have a clue?
Many thanks in advance.

Manu Thomas-Maurin