Resizing

Hello all,

Though I've read a load of pages, I can't seem to solve the following
problem:

- I have a (top-level) window, with a vbox, then a vpanel, a frame, an
'alignment' and a table (listed in the order of nesting).

When I change something in the table, which makes it wider, the table
gets wider, wider than the frame, which doesn't resize, and neither does
the rest upwards in the hierarchy.

I understand that normally the size allocation starts from the window
down. How do I resize from de table up?

I tried with gtk_container_check_resize on the top vbox, and several
other tricks but I can't get it to work.

Any references to examples, suggestions?
John