Re: Error in gthread.h?

On 09/30/2009 04:57 PM, John Coppens wrote:
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 16:38:10 -0700
"Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 cornell edu> wrote:

That's odd.  Are you sure you don't have mixed versions of glib
installed somehow?

I was convinced that I hadn't, because I installed both from Slackware
13.0 (32 and 64bit). But now I remember compiling Inkscape SVN, and that
needed a more recent version of glib (and I had to use SVN because of
problems with poppler).

So, I'm supposing the install of the compat libraries overwrote the
includes of the 64 bit version.

If I re-install the (newer) 64 bit version of glib, will the 32 bit
version remain functional, or do I have to make a 32 version too?

Probably safest to do both...  Stuff linked to the old version should
continue to work as is, but you might encounter compilation/linker
problems later on if you try to build a 32bit app against the newer
headers that don't match the 32bit binaries.

        -brian