GTK on Windows 2000 pro, sp4

Yes I know, the Windows version in the title is really ancient.
But I've just had a report from a user of my GTK app on that
platform who says the new release won't start, with an error
about not finding freeaddrinfo in WS2_32.dll.

My program doesn't invoke that function, and I can't think of
anything in my program that would trigger such an error.  But in
this release I updated to the current GTK runtime at

http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html

and I'm wondering if any changes in those DLLs might have stopped
a GTK app from running on Windows 2000.  Not that I would mind
much, it would just be nice to know.

Allin Cottrell