Re: Application termination at some point

ds sundar gmail com wrote:
I learned to generate the core dump file of the test application when it
crashes... and using the gdb debugger i got the following bt...

Could you please tell me where might be the problem?

I'm afraid no one is going to be able to tell you where the problem
might be.  All you've given us is a stack trace.  To solve the problem
we'd have to debug the program for you.  Since you've not provided the
source code, that's something only you can do.  Debugging code on Linux
is done in much the same way as on Windows, although there are powerful
tools on linux like Valgrind.

Core dumps are useful, but it's also helpful to run the program in a
debugger from the beginning.  On my machine, ddd and kdbg are two
debugger interfaces that work well for me.

All we can do is give you tips on what we'd do or look at, which has
been done.

If you can create a small program (say 50 lines or less) that exhibits
this problem, we can probably help more directly.  The fact that the
abort is occurring in a GTK call deep in the system is usually
indicative of something not quite being right in your code before you
call gtk_main.  IE the code where you set up your windows and widgets.
Or it could be in a callback for an event.

In another e-mail I see evidence that you are using pthreads.  Are you
following the threading guidelines for GTK?  If you are calling gtk
calls from other threads are you using the proper locks?