Re: gtk-directfb-crash

Hi Roger,
Yes I could ressolve the problem .I have built gtk with target directfb with following pacakages.
1.gtk+-2.12.9
2.atk-1.13.2
3.cairo-1.6.4
4.glib-2.22.2
5.pango-1.20.2
6.pixman-0.12.0
7.DirectFB-1.2.0
But I installed everything on pc .

You can  refer to this link https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/DFBPorting
Thanks,
Moutusi

jeeper74 wrote:
Moutusi,

I have built/installed the same packages that you have on an arm system, and
am having the same crash when calling "gtk_widget_show (window)" in
helloworld.c. Have you been able to resolve the crash? Thanks,
Roger

Moutusi De wrote:
Hi All,
I have built gtk with target directfb.
I have installed following pacakages:
1.gtk+-2.18.0
2.atk-1.28.0
3.cairo-1.8.0
4.glib-2.22.2
5.pango-1.26.0
6.pixman-0.12.0
7.DirectFB-1.2.7
8.FreeType 2-9.16.3

Now I am trying to run examples programs thats comes with gtk.While running the program one window comes with one mouse pointer and it freeze.I ran same program with gtk- x11 where I get a Hello world message with proper window.I am expecting same thing with gtk-direcfb. Just for debugging I tried putting one exit(0) before "gtk_widget_show (window)" function call.Then I got the following error:

/*****************************************************/
(helloworld:2654): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_drawable_get_colormap: assertion
`GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed

/*****************************************************

Could anyone please let me know how to resolve this ?

Below is the code for reference.
int main( int   argc,
          char *argv[] )
{
    /* GtkWidget is the storage type for widgets */
    GtkWidget *window;
    GtkWidget *button;

    /* This is called in all GTK applications. Arguments are parsed
     * from the command line and are returned to the application. */
    gtk_init (&argc, &argv);

    /* create a new window */

    /* When the window is given the "delete-event" signal (this is given
     * by the window manager, usually by the "close" option, or on the
     * titlebar), we ask it to call the delete_event () function
     * as defined above. The data passed to the callback
     * function is NULL and is ignored in the callback function. */
    g_signal_connect (window, "delete-event",
                      G_CALLBACK (delete_event), NULL);

    /* Here we connect the "destroy" event to a signal handler.
     * This event occurs when we call gtk_widget_destroy() on the window,
     * or if we return FALSE in the "delete_event" callback. */
    g_signal_connect (window, "destroy",
                      G_CALLBACK (destroy), NULL);

    /* Sets the border width of the window. */
    gtk_container_set_border_width (GTK_CONTAINER (window), 10);

    /* Creates a new button with the label "Hello World". */
    button = gtk_button_new_with_label ("Hello World");

    /* When the button receives the "clicked" signal, it will call the
     * function hello() passing it NULL as its argument.  The hello()
     * function is defined above. */
    g_signal_connect (button, "clicked",
                      G_CALLBACK (hello), NULL);
/* This will cause the window to be destroyed by calling
     * gtk_widget_destroy(window) when "clicked".  Again, the destroy
     * signal could come from here, or the window manager. */
    g_signal_connect_swapped (button, "clicked",
                              G_CALLBACK (gtk_widget_destroy),
                              window);

    /* This packs the button into the window (a gtk container). */
    gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (window), button);

    /* The final step is to display this newly created widget. */
    gtk_widget_show (button);

    exit(0);
    /* and the window */
    gtk_widget_show (window);
    /* All GTK applications must have a gtk_main(). Control ends here
     * and waits for an event to occur (like a key press or
     * mouse event). */
    gtk_main ();

    return 0;
}