Re: Stop alt-spacebar window menu

I've just tried this. It captures the keyboard ok, no other windows get any keyboard input until you quit the app, but it doesn't stop the alt-spacebar thing. I don't think it can be done. I've just tried emacs, which is the application that captures all known keystrokes, and a few more you didn't know about, but it doesn't stop that one. The win32 version does.

Thanks for the help - Bill

Michael L Torrie wrote:
Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
Well, you have a couple choices:

Actually there is a third option.  You can grab the focus like VMWare or
DosEMU does and prevent any keystrokes from going to the WM.  Of course
you'll have to provide a way to release the grab.

I believe the API is in GdkDisplay area[1].  Look for calls involving
keyboard_grab.

[1] http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stable/GdkDisplay.html