before reporting.

Apologies for not posting sooner that the solution had already been found,
-Patrick

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 8:45 AM, David Grundberg <c04dgg cs umu se> wrote:
gtk-app-devel-list-request gnome org skrev:

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 13:00:48 -0400
From: "Patrick M. Rutkowski" <rutski89 gmail com>
Subject: Separator not being a darned separator!
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org

Someone please help a GTK+ newbie out, I can't make any sense of this:
http://www.rutski89.com/static/taskbook-sep.jpg

Glade says it's of class GtkSeparatorMenuItem, but it doesn't show up
as such in the actual app.

You can find the source code here:
http://www.rutski89.com/static/taskbook-sep.tar.gz

If you have the requisite tools installed, the following one-liner
will download, build, and run the (broken) project. If you trust me
enough, you can give it a spin to see for yourself:

mkdir taskbook-tmp && cd taskbook-tmp && wget
http://www.rutski89.com/static/taskbook-sep.tar.gz && tar xvzf
taskbook-sep.tar.gz && cd taskbook && sh configure
--prefix=$PWD/../taskbook-install && make install &&
$PWD/../taskbook-install/bin/taskbook

Hi Patrick,

Try the attached patch. Seems to me like the extraneous properties forced
the separator to have a label(!), thus the confusing appearance.

Sincerely,
David