Re: Why is there no gtk_window_free() ?

Thanks guys,

I've been following a (pretty well respected) book about GTK development but
it only seems to use gtk_widget_destroy() for dialog boxes.  For example, a
dialog box might get created using gtk_dialog_new_with_buttons() and
eventually gets destroyed with gtk_widget_destroy().  But elsewhere in the
examples, other dialog elements get created using (say) gtk_label_new() or
gtk_hbox_new() or whatever - but none of them ever seem to get freed.  Also,
the main window (created using gtk_window_new() ) never gets freed either,
in any of the examples.

Even quite complex items, such as file chooser dialogs and color selection
dialogs get liberally created in the examples but never freed anywhere.  Do
GTK dialogs and top level windows automatically look after their child
windows or should I have looked a bit harder when I was buying the book??

John