HOWTO: Center window on screen.

Hi list,

I've seen this question asked several times and even asked it myself, so as I finally made it happen, I thought I'd share my success with others in need. Simply putting:

   gtk_window_set_position(GTK_WINDOW(window), GTK_WIN_POS_CENTER);

at any creative point in your code seems to place windows at random positions on screen. What works for me is putting:

gtk_window_set_type_hint(GTK_WINDOW(window), GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_DIALOG);
   gtk_window_set_position(GTK_WINDOW(window), GTK_WIN_POS_CENTER);

right before the final call to "gtk_widget_show_all(window);".

   br - N :o)