Attend widget to GtkMenuItem / Popup non GtkMenuItem-based widget

Hi all,

I am trying to implement a program with a GtkMenuToolButton , whatever
user press on the arrow button , it will show  widget like color
selection , combo box etc. As they are not belong to any subclass of
GtkMenuItem , I can not use standard way to do so.

Therefore, I have tried to create a GtkMenuItem as a container for
another widget. This method could show the widget successfully.
However, when the mouse move over the widget. The widget will go to
GTK_STATE_PRELIGHT and don't reponse to user action.

Is there way to forbid the widget go into PRELIGHT state and make it
be able to response for user action when it is a child of GtkMenuItem?

Thanks.

(Example program is attached.)