[no subject]

I'm Iooking for the current gtk/gio/gnome "best practice" for working with CD/DVD's... In particular,
figuring out how much stuff I can cram onto one, and then cramming it on.

There's a whole bunch of different disk sizes, formats, filesystem options, filesystem limitations, etc., and
I need to know for a given disk exactly how much space I have to use, and for that matter, exactly how much
space a given set of files will take, so that I can pack on as much of my data set as physically possible.

I would like to be able to "sample" a blank disk to gets its size/etc., then based on user selection of
various features and options, figure out how much space I have to work with, how I need to package the data
set (along with its simple browser and support files), and then build and burn off the image (or more likely
images, because it won't fit on one disk).

Any help would be appreciated.  I've been putting off this job while, because I really don't know where to
look.  Everything I've found so far points to re-inventing a lot of existing wheels, which I'd really rather
avoid, mostly because I don't really know what I'm doing.

Fredderic

International Movers
Click here for great quotes from top international movers!
http://tagline.excite.com/fc/FgElN1g2MnGwQWGIxLxP1uME0LVsLg6EegmBbPZuKfFKtnqOlu8WXm8KMik/