small regression in gtk 2.16.2?

I think this is new since I installed GTK 2.16.2: gtk_dialog_run
is throwing a "critical" warning on exit, which I believe must be
spurious (or at least, an internal problem).

For code such as

void msgbox (const char *msg, int msgtype)
{
    GtkWidget *dialog;

    dialog = gtk_message_dialog_new(NULL,
                                    0,
                                    msgtype,
                                    GTK_BUTTONS_CLOSE,
                                    msg);

    gtk_dialog_run(GTK_DIALOG(dialog));
    gtk_widget_destroy(dialog);
}

I'm getting

       Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_x11_atom_to_xatom_for_display:
       assertion `atom != GDK_NONE' failed

when the Close button is clicked.

--
Allin Cottrell