Re: Stop alt-spacebar window menu

Thanks for all the help. I've put it in the too hard box for the moment, but will come back to it later...

Bill

Dave Howorth wrote:
Bill Farmer wrote:
I don't think it can be done without changing the window manager default
key mapping, which apply to all apps. I can't find anything in the
window and session manager functions part of the xlib documentation that
says anything about key mapping. I've also tested a simple as possible X
application with no Gtk in it at all, and it behaves just the same. So
my problem  has nothing to do with  Gtk. But I didn't know that when I
asked the question...

I think you're right. I think it's a general X question about how X
clients (a.k.a. applications) interact with the specific class of X
clients called window managers. I should have said that :)

So you may get a better answer on some X / W window manager list, but
the people on this list tend to be fairly knowledgeable so I was just
hoping I might prod somebody into remembering something.

My point (3) does hint there may be something in some API a normal X
client can use to change the window manager's key bindings. It might be
worth reading rdesktop's source.

Cheers, Dave