Re: getting the requested size of a widget

textview problem I guess. And probably there is a simple solution. You
need to apply gtk_widget_size_request AFTER all your pages and notebook

I tried that (i.e. realizing everything and showing all bar the
toplevel window). No joy.

things. And if you fixed the size of your textview widgets, it should in
theory be [simple,possible] to come to a maximum size for the notebook...

Of course. But I'm doing this to address complaints from users that my
former fixed size was wrong with the fonts they chose to use.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.