Re: An 'oldie' question... GtkCList anyone?

Hi,

try to declare str as:

  char *str[4];

Regards,

Tomas

Hello people.

In the process of converting an old program from mSQL to MySQL, I found a
couple of potential traps and optimized a couple of functions. I now have
a problem with adding lines into a GtkCList using gtk_clist_append. The
code is like this:

char *bff, str[4];

bff = strdup("abc|def|ghi|etc"); Just to show bff has to freed later
splitline(bff, str);          This puts pointers into str to each of
                              the substrings (at the start and
                              after each |, converting them to \0 )
gtk_clist_append(clist, str); Add the line,
g_free(bff);

It looks as if the g_free happens before the append, because gibberish
appears on the screen.

Is there a way to assure the append is finished before the g_free?

John