Re: gtk-app-devel-list Digest, Vol 57, Issue 10

Did you try this out? Would you like me to take a whack at it?

splons

On Jan 8, 2009, at 4:00 AM, gtk-app-devel-list-request gnome org wrote:

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 17:21:08 -0000
From: "Pavel A. da Mek" <a da_mek0 ufoni cz>
Subject: Re: Toolbar text makes toolbar very, very wide
To: <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>

When I turn on toolbar button labels Text Below Items (System >
Preference >
Appearance > Interface), the toolbar gets much, much wider than it
seems it
should. There's lots of wasted space and it makes the toolbar for the
app
I'm working on almost useless on smaller screens.

Does anyone have ideas for how to make the text use space more
efficiently?

There's lots of wasted space if the items are homogeneous (which is
their default state), so I recommend

gtk_tool_item_set_homogeneous (GTK_TOOL_ITEM(tool_item), FALSE);

     P.A.