Re: Wait for gtk events with select?

Till Harbaum / Lists wrote:
Hi,

is there a way to wait for gtk events via some file descriptor given to a select call?
I am porting an application to gtk that calls some "gimme_input"
function every now and then and want's me to do some waiting
for net sockets there. Now i'd like to use the same select call
i am using for the network sockets also to wait for gtk events.
Is this possible? What's the name of the file descriptor to use?

Thanks,
    Till

I think you could use GIOChannels. A callback can be setup when data is waiting to be read from an iochannel. An iochannel is created from a file descriptor. Hopefully this link will
point you in the right direction:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/stable/glib-IO-Channels.html#g-io-add-watch