Re: How to use Quarks?

If you are accessing data member(g_object_set_data) frequently you could
use quarks to accelerate the looking up process(g_object_set_qdata).

On Sat, 2009-01-03 at 12:56 -0200, Patrick Braga wrote:
I've just begun learning GLib, and I came across Quarks. The documentation
describes them as "association between strings and integer identifiers.
Given either the stringo or the GQuark identifier it is possible to
retrieve the other."

This seems really useful and all, but I have no idea when this could be
applied. I don't necessarily want code examples, just something like "if
you want to do this then you could use quarks to..."

Thanks!

Patrick Braga
http://theunixgeek.blogspot.com