Re: how to set language for non-unicode text

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi> wrote:
Looks like GTK indeed encoded the string in Unicode, although the
original string was not in Unicode.

What "the string" and "theoriginal string"? Where did they come from?

They came from TAG fields (song name) in a MP3 file.

Btw, after some more debugging, it seems my immediate issue is not
really about GTK+ ;-)  I was using UPnP-based gmediaserver to browse
the MP3 files, and somehow gmediaserver/UPnP converts the GB2312
encoded song names into a new string, even before it reached to GTK+.
I need to look into gmediaserver/UPnP.

Thanks a lot for everyone's response and detailed info.

Han

--tml