Problems with print preview

I knew that GTK toolkit on Windows has major problems with drawing print preview of a document, but it seems that the new GTK 2.18.x has the same problem on Linux too.

Starting with Ubuntu 9.10 and Fedora 12, my print preview code just displays blank pages now :( Note that the same code is tested and works on older releases reaching as far back as Fedora 6 (haven't tested before).

The actual printing (tested printing to PDF) generates correct content, it is just print preview that seems to be broken.

Can anyone confirm this ? Does anyone notice similar problems in other programs ?
Any workaround ?

TIA,
Miroslav