Re: Clearing GtkComboBoxEntry

David is right,

you should get the entry pointer with gtk_bin_get_child, and after that you handle this entry as any other entry:

entry = gtk_bin_get_child (GTK_BIN (combo_entry));
gtk_entry_set_text (GTK_ENTRY (entry), "");

In GTK 2.0 you can also use this:
gtk_entry_set_text (GTK_ENTRY (GTK_BIN (combo_entry)->child), "");
but this is not going to work in Gtk 3.0, as these objects will be sealed from outside access.

In my opinion, you should forget about redundant functions such as gtk_combo_box_get_active_text, having direct access to the entry pointer
is much better.

Regards,
Carlos