Re: Howto make a gtkbutton send a "changed" signal?

I don't really understand what you mean with emiting a changed event. You
mean that someone is doing something like:

 gtk_label_set_text(GTK_LABEL(gtk_container_get_child(GTK_CONTAINER(my_button)),
                               "new text")

or something simar (e.g. changing the image shown on the image)?

One way of doing it would be to do  the following:

   - Derive a new widget inheriting from GtkButton.
   - Add a new signal "changed" to it.
   - Add a new accessor function to the widget that changes the contents and
   emits the new signal.
   - Change the calls for changing button contents so that it uses the new
   function.
   - Connect to the new signal.

Regards,
Dov

You can get the effect that you want by deriving a new widget