Anyone know how to make a GtkEntry expand to fill a cell in a table?

Before someone suggests the GTK_EXPAND option when attaching to the
table, I tried that.  It works horizontally, but not vertically.  At
least on HP UX, that dog won't hunt.  Just to be sure I wasn't doing
something wrong, I added a frame (no label, GTK_SHADOW_IN), and it
expands in both directions, leaving a space above and below the entry.

I don't want to force a custom height through
gtk_widget_set_size_request, because for now, the vertical button box
(packed next to the table) is taller.  However, since this is dynamic,
it could also be shorter as more rows get added to the table, and then
the entry boxes are inordinately large, and they don't shrink.

Anyone know of a way to make these entry boxes shrink and grow
gracefully?

Otoconia - Scientific confirmation of what my friends have known about
me all my life -- that I have rocks in my head.