From: gtk-app-devel-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:gtk-app-devel-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of sledge
hammer
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 1:55 PM
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Problems using/understanding drag-and-drop.

Hi,

In my app I want the user to drag-n-drop files from nautilus, then the application should open them. I am
using as Targets:
1. STRING
2. text/plain

Then when the drag_data_received() signal is emitted, I use the get_text()  method on the SelectionData to
get the text.
Everything works fine but I have 2 problems:
1. non-english filenames(glib::ustrings) output garbled content
2. spaces in the filename are represented as "%20"

Obviously this is a charset encoding problem. But I can't find a way to deal with it. Any ideas?

Sidenote: I actually pass the filename string to gstreamer but it errors. Also I use gtkmm and C++, but I
think C/GTK guys will be able to help me too. Thanks in advance.