Known gtk_tree_view_set_enable_tree_lines()-issues??

Hi list,

Am I the only one having issues with "gtk_tree_view_set_enable_tree_lines()" and "gtk_tree_view_set_grid_lines()"??? I use GTK-2.16.1 under freebsd 7.1 and even last year my program would crash whenever I used the function "gtk_tree_view_set_grid_lines()", but lately even "gtk_tree_view_set_enable_tree_lines()" has started causing X-server crashes like:

 (Details: serial 160765 error_code 2 request_code 58 minor_code 0)

... so I fired up glade-3, and tried enabling tree lines in there. This caused a similar crash, so now I wonder if I should file a bug report against the freebsd port and/or whether this applies to other platforms as well.

   Best regards Nikolaj