Re: Rendering lines

Slow or fast is obviously application dependent. The original poster didn't
complain about speed... The most important thing is never to send to the
rendering pipeline data that will not be shown. E.g. in a GIS system if you
are zoomed out you don't want to draw small features. And you don't want to
send features to be rendered that you know will be clipped. So you may want
to use some kind of quadtree to save the relevant features at each zoom
level.

That said, I also found cairo too slow for my liking in my image and vector
viewer giv, and found that agg was faster.See my tutorial at:

http://giv.sourceforge.net/gtk-image-viewer/gtkimageviewer_tutorial.html

for an example of how to use agg with gtk.

Regards,
Dov