Re: Rendering lines

2009/4/13 Paolo <prallo gmail com>:
I'm drawing lines into GtkDrawingArea through gdk_draw_line function. The
results is good, but not enough. How can I increase the rendering?

Do you mean "make it faster'? You could try:

- disable gtk's automatic double buffering
- try another X driver (there's often a choice for your hardware)
- use OpenGL instead
- draw to an offsceen window then blip the finished drawing on to the
screen in a single ROP
- speed up the thing you're using to generate the coordinates
- are you using Windows? the gdk backend on windows is not built for high speed

It depends on the platform and what you're trying to accomplish.

John