Re: Howto correctly generate "expandable void"?

Hi,

Le Fri, 24 Oct 2008 21:01:04 +0200,
"Till Harbaum / Lists" <lists harbaum org> a Ãcrit :

Hi,

i have a vbox with a bunch of buttons. I want some of them to appear
at the top and some of them at the bottom. The buttons should not be
expanded and the space between them should also not expand except the
space between the two groups. Something like this:

How is this done correctly without having some invisible item i can
place between both groups and which is set to expand/fill?

I don't look to answer you with a direct response, but yet, I want to
let you know about glade.  You can put your widgets easily in a window
and play with the positioning and so on.

One way would be to add items a,b,c inside one vbox that is put as
first element of the main vbox, and which is also set to expand/fill.
The latter rows, for items x,y,z, would be put at the bottom.

Till

HTH
Mike