To: <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 4:43 PM
Subject: Drawing on gtk textview

I am trying to draw on a gtk textview's gdk window. I have set the textview
as app paintable before initialization and done the drawing in a callback
for the expose event of the textview as suggested
here<http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-app-devel-list/2007-June/msg00060.html>(
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-app-devel-list/2007-June/msg00060.html)
but have not had any luck.  Has this functionality been depreciated?  Do I
need to use composited windows somehow?  The previously linked discution
suggests that the OP got it working without them but he did not say how.

I would appricate any advice or information you could give me.

Thank you,
   -Soren Berg