Re: What widgets in TES Construction Set?

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia nic funet fi> wrote:
[...]
I tried Glade but soon found that plain GTK is more for my
taste. In Glade, good is that all the widget properties are
listed, no guess work. Bad was that I could not do what
I wanted.

Hi, before you give up on Glade completely, let me make my
sales pitch ;-)

Remember that glade is not only a palette of widgets from
the gtk+ toolkit; these screenshots are a couple years old,
of a toolkit we wrote that uses mostly gdk api and some
custom stuff for animations, but consider the same can be
done for GL widgets or whatever customized gtk+ based widget
toolkit framework:

http://www.gnome.org/~tvb/gladett-fullscreen.png
http://www.gnome.org/~tvb/glade-tt-screenies/

The docs to integrate your custom toolkit into glade are
here, pretty straight forward, and you can always poke us
if you need help.
http://glade.gnome.org/docs/

Basically Im just saying, if you would like to use glade/gtkbuilder for your
application, dont drop the idea just because you are using a 100%
customized set of gtk+ based widgets ;-)

Cheers,
                   -Tristan