Segmentation fault while using g_thread_init

Hi,
I am compiling a gtk application using gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.3.6 for arm platform. My application compiles fine while cross compiling but I want to know why the inclusion of g_thread_init() gives me a segmentation fault while i run the application on the target platform.

My gtk application includes :

  int main(int argc, char *argv[])
  {
     g_thread_init(NULL);
     gdk_threads_init();
     gtk_init(&argc,&argv);
     //I create a window a box and buttons inside
     gtk_widget_show_all(window);
     gtk_main();
     return 0;
    }

If any solution to this issue, kindly let me know.......

Thanks,
Aparna