GtkPixbuf from Char buffer

Hi, were developing an application which is supposed to show user images downloaded from web server using xmlrpc. The problem is that we cant quite figure out how to create a pixbuf from a buffer which contains the RAW contents of a file.

Functions like:

   gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data
   gdk_pixbuf_new_from_inline
   gdk_pixbuf_from_pixdata

all seem to expect the image to be in some particular format already, while what we need is more like gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file() which is able to autodetect everything and just read the file.

All information that our application has about the image are:
 - Name of file.
 - Size of file.
 - Contents of file.

--