Re: monitoring file changes in a sysfs filesystem

On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 12:58 +0200, Miguel GÃmez wrote:

I'm trying to monitor the changes in a file from /sys (as you know, it's
a sysfs filesystem), but setting a file monitor with g_file_monitor_file
doesn't work. No matter what I do, I can't receive the changed signal
from the file monitor.

sysfs, being a virtual file system, doesn't generate any notification
events.

you will have to poll yourself, but it's not such a good idea; if you're
looking at hardware events you should probably use udev or HAL.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,