Re: What strategy to use to deal with Glade-3's problem in removing pixbuf directory paths in .glade file!

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 2:40 PM, Daniel Yek <dyek real com> wrote:
Hi Tristan,

Thanks for responding. My responses inlined below...

[...]
or in the specified pixbuf directory (you can add a search path with the
libglade api).
o gdk-pixbuf's gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file() requires absolute or relative
paths without resource resolution based on any environment variables. So,
application can't make libglade resolves resources by setting an environment
variable.

I seriously doubt it that application can add search path with libglade API,
but I might be wrong. Could you kindly point out the API function to use?

libglade-2.6.2/glade/glade-xml.c
 glade_xml_set_value_from_string()
  case G_TYPE_OBJECT:
    if (G_VALUE_HOLDS(value, GDK_TYPE_PIXBUF))
      filename = glade_xml_relative_file(xml, string);
      pixbuf = gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file(filename, &error);

My mistake, I somehow had the notion that glade_xml_relative_file() would
take user specified paths into consideration.

Cheers,
                -Tristan