Re: how to display "busy" cursor ? and another question

2008/10/4 Allin Cottrell <cottrell wfu edu>:
Something like this, maybe:

I do this with something very similar. In pseudo-code:

set_up_my_application():
  GdkCursor *busy_cursor = gdk_cursor_new(GDK_WATCH);

long_action():
  for all windows:
    gdk_window_set_cursor(GTK_WIDGET(window)->window, busy_cursor);
  gdk_flush();

  do something that takes a while

  for all windows:
    gdk_window_set_cursor(GTK_WIDGET(window)->window, NULL);
  gdk_flush();

In other words, use flush() rather than display_sync() to get the
cursor to update, since we can vaoid a round-trip, and make the cursor
once when we set up the application and use it for all windows.

John