Re: questions on gtk_entry & gtk_text_view

Andrew Cowie wrote:
On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 18:04 +0800, Gregory Hosler wrote:

I have a gtk_entry field,and i wish to make use of gtkspell.

Perhaps try SexySpellEntry from libsexy?
http://www.chipx86.com/w/index.php/Libsexy#SexySpellEntry

I'm aware of libsexy.

I guess I should have prefaced this discussion with the fact that I am reluctant to have
TWO different dependencies, with two different interfaces/actions, within the same
application, to do the SAME thing...

(it's a shame that the conventional way to add spell checking to a
GtkTextView and to a GtkEntry are not the same)

yes. exactly.

Be that as it may... Will my idea of having a GtkTextEntry with it's buffer set to a
GtkEntry's input buffer work ?

:)

Thank you for the suggestion. Any other thoughts?

All the best,

- -Greg

AfC
Sydney