Re: gtk_icon_view enter and leave signals like in gtk_button

Hello.

For displaying the tooltips on your items, you can simply create new
column in your iconview's model that holds tooltip texts, call
gtk_icon_view_set_tooltip_column and you're done. (Reference docs:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkIconView.html#gtk-icon-view-set-tooltip-column)

As for the single click, I would suggest connecting GtkIconView's
"button-press-event" to some function, in which you obtain clicked
item with gtk_icon_view_get_path_at_pos. (Reference docs:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkIconView.html#gtk-icon-view-get-path-at-pos)

A prototype of a callback function should look something like this:

============
static gboolean
cb_button_press( GtkWidget      *view,
                GdkeventButton *event,
                gpointer        data )
{
   GtkTreePath  *path;
   GtkTreeIter   iter;
   GtkTreeModel *model;

   path = gtk_icon_view_get_path_at_pos( GTK_ICON_VIEW( view ),
           event->x, event->y );
   model = gtk_icon_view_get_model( GTK_ICON_VIEW( view ) );
   gtk_tree_model_get_iter( model, path, &iter );
   gtk_tree_path_free( path );

   /* Manipulate your code further */

   return( FALSE );
}