Re: newbie key binding question

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: newbie key binding question
From: Michael Cronenworth <mike cchtml com>
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Date: 11/24/2008 11:23 AM

Hi all, I'm new to GTK+ usage, but I'm learning quickly.

I wish to set up a key (say, F4) and have it attached to a button, so when F4 is pressed the button's signal is emitted just like a mouse click. I'm familiar with setting up global accelerators (CTRL+Q, etc), but all I want is a single key binding on one button widget on one widget instance. This will not be used globally and only one time. I've seen the GtkBinding page and how it describes RC file usage, but I'd rather not use such a beefy method for just one key...

Any pointers are welcome.

My apologies. I need to add that I am writing in C. Not C++ or Python.

I investigated key bind event watching but I could not find anything obvious to use.

Thanks,
Michael