Re: Handler disconnect vs. block

Jeffrey Barish wrote:
Is there a reason to block/unblock a handler rather than disconnect/connect
it? Is the overhead for block/unblock significantly lower?

Off the top of my head I can think of one: block/unblock will certainly not
change handler order, while disconnect/connect may.  Overhead must not be
significant unless you are doing it say 10000 times a second.

One thing I don't like about block/unblock is that GTK issues a warning when
you try to unblock a handler that is not blocked, but there is no way to
ask first whether the handler is currently blocked.  disconnect/connect
offers the handler_is_connected query.

It seems g_signal_handler_find() could be misused for this, though in any
way this will be ugly.

Paul