Re: Height of text row in TreeView

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 23:14 +0000, BJörn Lindqvist wrote:

2008/4/22 amol <amolgkulkarni gmail com>:

 Hi
 I have a TreeView with two columns one pixbuf and one text.
 when i have large text in text column the height of text column never
increase beyond height of pixbuf.

This works for me and I can not reproduce it.

i am attaching a test case and screenshots to reproduce above scenario.
 if i set wrap-width before displaying treeview then it works as
expected and text column height is set accordingly.
 But if i set wrap-width in some timer callback then text gets wrapped
but text column height is not changed.
I have attached screenshots for above two cases.
case 1: (image 1)
  wrap-width is set before doing show.Works as expected.text is wrapped
and height is adjusted accordingly.
case 2: (image 2 and image 3)
  initially image 2 is displayed as no wrap-width is set but when
wrap-width is set say after 5 sec then image 3 is displayed.text gets
wrapped but height is not adjusted accordingly and we can't see more
than two lines.

 If there is no pixbuf rendered height never increases beyond one line.

What does this mean? GtkTreeView doesn't word wrap your text unless
you tell it to.

 Is this issue with GtkCellRendererText?

It is impossible to say. Please provide minimal example code that
demonstrates your problems. Also see bugzilla.gnome.org which is the
standard place for bug reports.