Textview cursor disappears sometimes

I'm developing an instant messenger interface. Both message display and
input entry use textview.

When the conversation window loses focus and some messages comes to message
display area,
input entry's cursor will disappear when first time change focus back to the
conversation window.

At this time, it is possible to input text but I don't know where is cursor
so it is hard to edit send message.

When I change focus to another window then change back, the cursor will
appear again.

I try to solve this bug by gtk_widget_grab_focus when the conversation
window receives focus in event,
or the input entry textview receives key press, release event or button
event. But these doesn't work.

Is there any reason the cursor disappears at this condition?

Regards,

Eric Tsai